Please have a look at our Planting Guides for some great advice on topics ranging from propagating and planting native plants to seed collection to creating a productive acre and even attracting wildlife to your backyard!
[box title=”Planting Guides”]
- Areas to be planted and appropriate Species
- Attracting Wildlife to your Backyard
- Building a Community Nursery
- Planning a Productive Acre
- Planting Native Plants
- Propagating Native Plants
Be sure to check out our Nature Guides for species specific information on anything from trees to amphibians!
- Native Trees
- Native Shrubs
- Native Wildflowers
- Native Ferns
- Native Lichens and Fungi
- Native Mammals
- Native Birds
- Native Amphibians and Reptiles
Forest Management & Restoration
If you are planting in your own woodlot, or looking to restore and enrich woodland rather than yard, take a look at our Forestry section for some great information on our Acadian Forest and our Island ecosystems.
To see what you can do, check out some of our publications about Island Forests!
- Rare and Native Plants used in Restoration Plantings
- Great Plants for Wildlife
- Areas to be Planted and Appropriate Species
- Woodlands & Wildlife
- Native Trees & Shrubs